Thursday, March 3, 2011

And a week later...

I still have no idea what is going on as far as being "made whole" from this whole shebang. The only things I've heard from anyone has been "Can we get a statement from you for our records?" and "She's gone for the day, can she call you tomorrow?" None of which are helping or were helping my mood much. The doc I saw the day after the wreck showed me that nothing was fractured on the xrays, wrote me out a couple of prescriptions and shooed me out the door with instructions to go to the ER if I suddenly lost motor control.

Since then, I've been walking around feeling like there was a giant fist between my neck and shoulder blades, meaning I couldn't sit at my desk for long enough periods of time to get much accomplished--oh the giant pile of photos I need to still edit from the Pug Meetup the other week-- nor could I go out and take photos to promote CrazyDog Photography. I just couldn't move like I needed to (trying to explain to insurance call center hacks just what I do was harder than it should have been) and because not being able to really turn my head to the left made driving not the best idea. Add to that the whole "I feel so stoned" daze I was wandering around in from the muscle relaxers and this last week has not been the most productive ever. Some people kept telling me that was just how whiplash went, to keep popping the pills and eventually I'd knit myself back together. So I could either not take my pills and hurt like hell --Advil just couldn't keep up--or take the pills and stare at the same picture for three hours, assuming I wasn't just passed out. These little babies kept their sedative effect FOREVER.

What a choice.


There was an interesting debate on my Facebook page about medical doctors vs. holistic healers i.e. chiropractors and massage therapists. Basically it boiled down to "pills vs. woo woo". There were a couple of die-hards saying that medical doctors were the only valid option and chiropractors just told you what you wanted to hear. The other side was saying chiros/MT actually put you back together and MD's just want to throw a prescription at you and wish you the best. After this week, I'm siding with the latter half. I finally gave up trying to get ahold of the insurance people and just went to a lady who had been very highly recommended. She spent more time talking to me, getting my history, where it hurt, how could I move, all that jazz than the MD ever did. And you know what, after just one session and a couple of good cracks, I CAN LOOK TO THE LEFT NOW. I'm not limping because of how tight one side of my back had become. I haven't had to take a single pill, not even Advil, all day long. There's still pain, there's still obviously some healing that needs to go on, but I feel like I can function a little bit more. I'm still moving pretty carefully, but I could actually brush Sawyer tonight without wanting to cry and needing to stop after just a few minutes.

Tonight, I can actually enjoy a glass of the Scotch I got for Christmas. I don't have to worry how it's going to interact with my pills. Now that is progress, my friends. Lawl.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but again, not being able to really move hasn't enticed me to pick up the camera this last week. I was able to go sit for some headshots the other day, courtest of my friends Marc and Monica with On The Marc Photography . This is SOCC, I haven't picked which ones I want edited yet. I am less than proficient in Photoshopery (read: I kind of suck at it beyond your basic levels and cropping) so I'm leaving all the adjustments and tweaks up to the eminently capable Monica.

So just hold your horses.

Obviously this is not going to be used as "The Face of CDP/Passion Parties/Scentsy" but I thought it was a good picture anyway.

Oh yeah, I don't have enough going on with everything else, didn't you know? So to fill those last few spare minutes I have each week, I decided to add "Scentsy Rep" to my plate. This is more to indulge my love of candles and such and to add a nice little incentive to some of the bigger picture packages I offer to my clients. And they have this nifty option of basket parties, so I don't have to drive all over hill and dale, nor does everyone have to try and wrangle their friends into one spot at one time and need to vacuum on top of it. And they're expanding over to the UK and Germany next month and I don't know about you, but getting to count a trip overseas as a business expense sounds like a pretty good thing to me. I've had standing invites to come visit  in Scotland, Wales and Germany, I think I should take them up on it. The point is, this isn't going to take up a tremendous amount of time and I can continue to focus on making CDP into the full-time gig everyone is saying it should be.

Cross your collective fingers I hear back from insurance soon and it's with a good offer. I just want to replace the RAV with a twin, but if I can get a decent 4Runner out of the deal, I'm not going to argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment