Friday, October 21, 2011

My Fall Color Contribution

Even though the only thing that says "Hey, Summer took off for a few months and left me in charge" is the brilliant colors on the trees, Fall has arrived, if only for a short time.

My neighbor's gorgeous maple tree

Something I'm learning about Colorado is that there is Summer, Indian Summer, Winter, Not-Quite-Winter and Summer. The median seasons sort of get run roughshod around here. So while this weekend is going to be in the 70's and sunny (perfect for the Chazzer BBQ!), by Wednesday they're predicting snow. *sighA fellow forum member has been getting some absolutely brilliant action shots with her 50mm lately and it's making me a tad bit jealous, even though I'm adoring this thing for portrait work. So I decided to slap my 50mm on my camera and see what I could come up with.

 Unfortunately, I'm not quite bendy enough at the moment to get the angle I wanted (all tree/dog, no house) and still hold up the rubber duckie for his attention. Sawyer was being...less than cooperative that day. 


 Still, though, how freaking awesome 40's Golden Age of Hollywood handsome is this??

 "How YOU doin'?"

Words cannot adequately express how much I love this dog. Even when he goes all cavedog on innocent toys.


But then he goes back to looking like this and I just *melt*

Since the trees are gettin' all glammed up and such, I thought I'd join in on the fun and paint my nails. Since, you know, they're getting all long and pretty and this is a great way to get them to break off to the quick. But damn if they don't look good while doing it!

Before/iPhone pic (fluorescent light)


After two coats of Essie's "Thigh High"/iPhone (natural light)

This was part of the Reds collection I won in a giveaway from Laquer Ninja and also came with a fabulous "Malibu Blue" from Essie as well. I love how this stuff wears, especially with the topcoat. I'm rather hard on my nails and it's not often I can get them long enough to where polish looks good. Now, thanks to taking JuicePlus+ for a few months and the season winding to a close at the stables, they've actually had a chance to grow. Which means I have a chance to murdercate them in the name of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment